Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ernest Barton's Story

Kids,

I read Ernest's response to my Magic Potion letter in this blog and wanted everyone to see it. Ernest Barton is a rock star and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope that you don't mind me sharing it here.


Ernest Barton said...
I was 375 pounds and felt horrible. Lethargic, ugly, lazy. I was a mess. I have been morbidly obese (as my doctor calls it) since my early 20's and have tried every diet fad known to man. Whether it was chalky tasting shakes, to eating pork as long as I didn't have nonfat yogurt, to watered down lettuce soup and everything in between. I was fed up with a diet industry that didn't care and simply gave up. I knew I would always be fat and was going to die young. I just wilted and ate fast food to my hearts content because it made me "happy". Then I saw P90 on TV.... I bought it and in my normal lazy fashion, it sat on my desk for over a year. Then in Feb. 2006, I was sitting in my chair, tired from a sedentary day at work and falling asleep at 6 PM. I felt so fat, like I was stuck in the chair and couldn't move. I breathed heavy walking from the chair to the kitchen. I had enough!!! I got up and dusted of Power90. Read the documentation, logged into mybeachbody.com, WOWY and fitday. I said today I am going to do it. On 2/6/2006, I started Power90 and worked the program exactly as described. With will power and support from my family I have completed 38 days. I have lost 33 pounds so far but that isn't the best part. I am still very fat but feel great! I walk proud and confident. Tony's program changed my way of thinking about life and food. I don't have the bad cravings and love getting out and doing things. Whether, it is just going to the park or doing dishes with my wife, I am active again and am experiencing life again... away from the TV and chair! I am still fat and have a long way to go... but I have a new lifestyle and look forward to a long future!!! From the bottom of the heart of the entire Barton family... Thanks Tony!

8:56 AM

10 comments:

irish_robbie said...

That was great! Well done Ernest! Congratulations on "Living Longer"!!

RoBBiE

Anonymous said...

Go EARNEST!!! You are on your way to more energy than you ever felt was possible! If 33 pounds made that much of a difference, just think what it will feel like to carry around 50 or 75 or even 100 less pounds!!! Keep it up! You (and your family) are worth it!

Judy (aka cani)

Anonymous said...

WTG Earnest!! I am happy for you! Keep up the good work. There is a very deep wealth of knowledge and fellowship to help you here on bb.com. Have you seen the Pioneers? That is a group of folks that have 100+ to lose. Virginia is the leader and she is AWESOME!! They chat in main chat on Thursday afternoons/evenings. I am in chat A LOT!! Stop by sometime and say hi!! GO EARNEST GO!!

Anonymous said...

Felicidades, Earnest! Thanks for sharing the story with us Tony. This is exactly what I have been looking for all day. Ben asked for help and now I know what I need to do.

KPP Earnest!! You will be at your goal before you know it. Glad to see you are on your way.

Anonymous said...

WTG ...Ernest...
That's What it's all about..
Bring it everyday, in every way to your new life..
Peace, Power & health to You
Xrayman

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB Ernest ... keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Ernest~
Life feels good now that you are back in the driver's seat, eh? You are AWE INSPIRING for taking control for your sake and your family's sake! Tony gives the tools, but only you provide the DRIVE. Keep bringing it!!!!!
~Starfysh

Anonymous said...

Ernieb! You're a hero in my book. I know alot about what you're going through and your journey and I'm so proud of you. I work with you nearly every day of the week and I know that your old attitude about your health and food was very cynical. I definitely have seen a difference in you and your perspective. I commend you for your hard work and diligence. You're awesome.

Your friend
HTC

Anonymous said...

Happy Day 54 Earnest!!! :)
Many more great workout days to you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I am so impressed and motivated by this story. Stories like this in MyBB help keep me motivated every day.